The Howard Frankland Bridge opened in 1960 as a means of travel across Old Tampa Bay from Tampa to St. Petersburg. A widened Gandy Bridge was completed a few miles to the south in 1956. The Courtney Campbell Causeway sits a few miles to the north, carrying traffic from Tampa to Clearwater.
We took our time getting up on this, the last day of the trip. Breakfast at the Ambassador Inn was located in a former restaurant building located on the property. It was a fairly basic breakfast, nothing special. Eggo waffles, cereal, mini donuts, milk, orange juice, coffee, and fruit.